Running Lean: Personal Weight Loss Coaching for Runners
If you've tried to lose weight on your own with no luck, you are not alone. It's difficult to hit your weight loss goals and become a lean running machine without an expert there to show you exactly what to do.
Get the expert guidance you need to succeed.
Here's what I hear from runners...
- "I run almost every day and I can’t lose weight."
- "I've been running for years and I'm still overweight."
- "I’m training for a marathon and GAINING weight."
The truth is, running is not a very effective way to lose weight.
Years of research and experimentation led me to these conclusions:
The “calories in vs. calories out” model does not work and it never has.
Running more and eating less is not a very effective way to lose weight. It’s slow, the results are minimal at best, and we tend to overcompensate the running by eating more calories than we are burning!
When you burn a lot of calories, your body responds by increasing your appetite so you end up eating more to replace whatever you burned off. Your body starts this powerful process that works against you every time you run.
Your hormones are responsible for whether you are storing fat or burning it.
Insulin is a fat-storage hormone. When insulin is high, your body is in fat-storage mode. When insulin is low, you’re in fat-burning mode. You’ll be able to access your own body fat for fuel and you’ll start losing weight.
You CANNOT lose weight when insulin is high, you have to get your insulin levels down. How do you lower insulin? By changing what you eat and when you eat.
We have been conditioned to desire food like an addict desires a drug.
Addiction is defined as drug use that is compulsive and difficult to control, despite harmful consequences. Sounds a lot like our relationship to food, doesn’t it?
We have become physically and mentally obsessed about food (certain foods more than others) and in order to lose weight we have to break out of those addictive patterns. We have to change the way we think and feel about food.
THE BENEFITS OF COACHING
Here are some of the results you can expect from Personal Weight Loss Coaching for Runners:
- You will learn how to become a fully fat-adapted runner.
- You will run without relying on all the sugar and carbs that cause insidious weight gain.
- You will learn how to choose foods that fuel your specific body type and running needs.
- You will develop a whole new attitude and relationship around food.
- You will no learn how to eliminate all those urges and desires for unhealthy food.
- You will learn how to choose foods that keep you feeling more satisfied and for longer.
You will learn exactly how to become a lean, fat-burning running machine.
HOW IT WORKS
When you make this investment into yourself, you get 3 full months of one-on-one coaching with Master Life Coach & Weight Loss Coach Patrick McGilvray.
Patrick will help you:
- Break the addiction to sugar and refined carbs so you can start burning fat
- Become a fat-adapted athlete, capable of running farther than you ever thought possible
- Drop the excess weight you’re carrying so you can start running easier and faster
- Develop your own nutrition plan that includes foods you love to eat
- Fine-tune your nutrition plan until you reach your exact goal weight
- Eliminate the need for all those sugary gels that cause unwanted GI distress
- Learn how to fuel your long runs to optimize endurance so you'll never hit the wall again
You will learn exactly how to become a lean, fat-burning, running machine!
Your personal coaching relationship with Patrick will give you:
- The help and guidance you need to work through every obstacle you encounter
- A step-by-step action plan that will get you to your goals
- Accountability for all of your actions and all of your results
- The motivation you need to keep you moving toward your goals
- Tools and skills to help you improve every aspect of your life
You can absolutely get to your ideal weight, however daunting that may feel to you right now.
You just need the right someone to show you exactly how to do it.
Imagine how much easier losing weight will be when you have someone right there with you - showing you exactly what to do and holding you accountable.
6 months from now, you’ll wish you would have started today.
Apply for Personal Weight Loss Coaching today.
Get leaner and stronger so you can run faster and run longer than you ever thought possible.
The time for action is NOW.
My before picture is from May 2019 when I ran the Flying Pig Half Marathon. Back then I thought I "knew" what my body needed... carb loading, gu, and chews to get me through all my long runs. I was frumpy, grumpy, and everything in between. I had recently gone through a divorce , I was stressed, and I wasn't really taking care of my body. I gained weight. I thought I could justify filling my body with unhealthy foods and drinks because I was running almost everyday. Right? Wrong! My running was struggling. I was slow and felt weighted down. My heart rate was over 200 most days while running. I was a mess.
Fast forward a year to meeting Patrick who introduced me to a new way of eating. He helped me figure out what my body really needs. Not just while pounding the pavement, but in my everyday life too.
I could never imagine cutting all the crap out and I would never have guessed eating high fat would help me be leaner, faster, and a fat burning machine, or that my running would improve so much!
My after picture is from July 2020. I ran a half marathon as a training run for the Marine Corps marathon in October. Since working with Patrick in April, I've cut out all my body doesn’t “need”. No gu or chews, and certainly no carbs weighing me down for my runs. My running was effortless. I’m down over 30 pounds and have shaved off over a minute per mile. I'm feeling lean and pretty badass these days!
Apply For Coaching
This personal coaching program is not for everyone.
I only work with people who are serious about making this life-changing transformation into a fat-adapted runner.
If you are open to new ideas and doing things you may have never done before, this might be a good fit for you.
If you are the kind of person who takes responsibility for your own results, this would be a great program for you.
If you are finally ready to transform your body (and your mind) for good, then this is definitely right for you.